Press enter after choosing selection

A Needle Causes A Girl's Death

A Needle Causes A Girl's Death image
Parent Issue
Public Domain
OCR Text

Abont a month ago a 12-year-okl daughter of Kev. J. A. J. Williams, of Roaring Spring, conrplaincd of a diffieulty in swallowing and breathing. She also alleged that she had swallowed a needle or a pin. Dr. Stayer was sent for, and examiued her throat and gave her some medicine. She aoon reeovered and appeared to be restored to her usual health. Two weeks ago the little girl again complained of the difliculty in her throat. She beeame quite sick, nor did any remedy alleviate her sufferings. One week ago Dr. 0. Irwiu, of this borougli, was ealled to consult with Dr. Stayer in reference to the condition of the pati├źnt. Thfiy fouud her suffering with a difliculty in breathing; her pulse was hurried; ono of the ├▒ngers of the left hand was gangrened; the right lung was apparently solidified ; tliere was no eirculation in her left arm. The physicians iaformed the parents that there was no hope for the child. She died on Friday. In accordance with the wishes of the father, a post-mortem examination was held on Saturday by Drs. Irwin and Stayer. In the cavity of the ohest was found a pint or more of blood. This blood had forced the left luug upward, stopping the circulation iu tlie left arm. It had forced the heart out of its position, over towajd the z'ight sido, and had also crowded the right lung out of position. The left lung was solidified and gangrened. In this lung was found a long, fine cauibric needle, the evident cause of her death. The cnild was right. She had swallowed a needle. and it had


Old News
Michigan Argus