Opportunities for Veterans: A Look at Housing, Employment, and Your Rights
Tuesday February 9, 2016: 6:30pm to 8:00pm
Downtown Library: Multi-Purpose Room
This informational panel discussion will focus on resources for veterans and their families in Washtenaw County. Particular focus will be on housing, community re-integration, employment opportunities, and supportive services.
• Rebecca Rowland, M.S.W, Michigan Ability Partners.
- Rebecca is the Vocational Team Leader for MAP, and Co-Chair of the Hire MI Vet community initiative.
• Heather Popkey, B.S.W, Michigan Ability Partners.
-Heather is a Veterans Services Case Manager, and administers the Supportive Services for Veteran Families program in Washtenaw County.
• Sterling Meeuwen, Eastern Michigan University Student
-Sterling was stationed at Fort Benning, GA as an infantryman of the United States Army from 1999-2003,
• Derrick Miller, Deputy Director for Community Action Network.
- A 6-year Veteran of the Marine Corps, he has extensive experience with low-income clients and area service providers
• Peter C. Clark, former federal prosecutor and US Army JAG attorney.
- Peter works with clients to cover a wide variety of estate planning needs
• Martina Wells, LCSW, LCAS- Transition & Care Management (TCM) Team Program Manager, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System.
- Martina oversees the TCM program which is committed to helping Post 9/11 and OEF/OIF/OND Veterans transition to civilian life
This event is held in conjunction with the Downtown Library February exhibit Always Lost: A Meditation on War.