ONE WALL WON'T COME TUMBLING DOWN: The razing of this three-story building at 121 E. Ann, the site until 1955 of Ann Arbor's last harness shop, was temporarily halted this week due to court action. The court permitted the present owner, Guido A. Colling, to continue his one-man project of taking down the bricks, after Howard Fetters, city director of building and safety, testified that the common wall built in 1871 between it and the building to the left will remain sound if properly repaired. The right-half first floor area was the sit of the harness shop operated by Frank Malloy from 1905 to 1955. The area is to become a parking lot. The ad. joining corner lot has been used for parking.
Rights Held By
Donated by the Ann Arbor News. © The Ann Arbor News.