Press enter after choosing selection

The Cook House

The Cook House image
Parent Issue
Day
21
Month
April
Year
1881
Copyright
Public Domain
OCR Text

Last week we simply amiounced tbe openiugof the Cook house, but a hotel tïtteil up in the style of the Cook is deserving of inore than a passing notice. In the flrst place the hotel has uudergone many radical changes undur the personal supervisión of Mr. E. II. Iludson, the genial proprietor. Every one of the 54 rooms have been thoroughly renovated and elegantly refiirnished, and the citi zens have reason to feel proud at having a first class hotel, which wijl vie with anyin Detroit. The office and dining room being on the ground floor, makes it very convenient for the guests. The ladios' parlor and reception room is on the second floor. In fitting up the different suite of rooms Mr. Iludson has spared neither pains nor expense. The floors are elegantly carpeted; the beds and bedding are all nesv, and in every particular tuis hotel is complete. The furniture was manufaetured by the Phoenix Furniture Co., Grand Rapids; the Keek Manufacturing Co., and a portion of it was purchased of Koch & Halbr. The sflverware, which adonis the tables, came from the well-known jewelry house of J. C. Watts & Co. ; Barcley & Black, of Detroit, furoisbed the carpets; the Webber Furniture Co., the mattresses, and the bedding was purchased of Taylor, Woolfden & Co., Detroit. The proprietor will also open about the middle of May, a billiard room in the basement of the hotel, with five brand-new billiard tables.

Article

Subjects
Old News
Ann Arbor Democrat