In 1831 Mra. Morgan purchasod in the now city of Jackson one hundred and sixty acres of land, embracing the territory south of Main street, commencing jetween Blackstone and First streets isd extendía g to West avenue, now tnown as Livermore Wood and Eaton's additiou; eighty acres in the vicinity and embracing Jackson Mound, aud iighty acre of the river, on which is ocated the park and the Michigan Ceni at pump house. She sold the one lundred und sixty acres in 1854 to Livermore, Wood & Eaton for $20,000. [n 1866 she sold the Jackson Mound property to Geo. H. Lathrop for $16,000, sut afterwards recoverod it by a foreclosure of the mortgage. The same year she sold the eighty acres on the east side to Geo. H. Lathrop for $16,000. A few weeks later he conveyed thirty acres to the city for a park, sbe releasing the premises and receiving $6,000 in city bonds, which were collected by her agents, but of whioh it is alleged she received very little. About eight years ago she brought suit in the circuit court to recover some 840,000 on this property and was given a judgment for that amount. The case was taken to the supremo court, however, and a decisión was given in April last granting her, including taxes she had paid, a decree for $30,069, 48. Of this amount the Michigan Central company paid April 26, $4,000 and holds now about thirtyfive acres under the decree. Mrs. Morgan has been interested in a large number of suits in the circuit court here, some of which are still pending. - Patnot.