A btoííe mansión built in 1650 on farm near Greenbush, N. Y., still stands. A PETBIFIED rabbit and numerous old coins were found twenty-four feet below the surface in Portsmonth, O. At an auotion sale of antiquities in Boston a cup made of wood from the ship Constitution brought $10. A besident of Rockland, Mass., has a meerschaum said to have been smoked by General Robert E. Lee in the war times. Lyon County, Kan., has a hand cornmill which is 150 years old. It was captured at Cerro Gordo, and was the first oorn-mill in the country. A FULL-I.ENGTH oil portrait of Washington, which was purchased for 810 at the recent sale oí the Barnum Hotel effects in Baltimore, is now estimated to be worth 91,000, experts having pronounced it an original by Gilbert C. Stuart. A faxmeb of Wyandot County, O., reoently dug up the remains of a sword, supposed to be the same that George Washington presented to Colonel Crawford, one of the héroes of the Indian war. It was found near the spot where Crawford was burned at the stake 107 years ago. A citizeït of Germantown, Pa., reeen tí y sold an old Bible for 8125. It was a Bradbury edition, published in Philadelphia, and one of the first printed in this country. Very few copies of this edition are now in existence. The purchaser was a descendant of the publisher. A oextleman living in Richmond, Va., owns a violin which is associated with the early history of Virginia. It is one of the four violins connected with the early history of that section of the country. It is marked: "Nicholas Amati fecit, Cremona, 1651." This violin was brought to this country by Robert Bollinz, the husband of Jane Rolfe, the granddaughter of Pocahontas, who was the daughter of the mighty Indian King Powhattan, of Virginia. The violin is of superior tone, volume and finish, and has been used by many prominent performers during the past century. Quite a rarity in the way of an old book is exhibited in a second-hand book store in Hartford. The volume is a well-preserved copy of the "Works of Lucius A. Séneca, Translated into English by Tho. Lodge, D. in Physics." It was published by William Stanley, in London, in 1616. Evidently it is a first edition. The typographical work is excellent, in quaint old. characters, but very olear. The paper is of remarkably fine texture, and much thinner than usually found in works of that date. The volume itself, which comprises about onethousand folio pages, has been rebound by a modern binder.