Abound The Campus
The board of regenta held a meeting last Saturday, but as Messrs. Whitman, Hebard and Butterfleld were absent, allimportant business was postponed. The by-laws were amended so as to cali for regular meetings on the thirdWednesday of every month. The regents authorized the enlargement and alteration of the president'8 house. Dr. W. A. Campbell was appointed demonstrator of anatomy and secretary of the medical faculty, at a salary of $1,500. The board deoided that the expenses incurred by the high school examining committees should hereafter be paid by the University. The following in8tructors for the year 1891'92 were appointed : Huzzy and Markley , mathematic8; Denny.Latin; Marden and Levy, French; Hench and Winkler, German; Newcomb, botany; Morley, descriptive geometry and drawing; Swiggett, Germán and French; Lyman, mathematics; Campbell, astronomy ; Sober, Greek and Latin; Clement, Latin; Miss Hunt, drawing. The board adopted the following resolutions: Raolved, That it is apparently the wish of the members of the Legislature that the fees of non-resident students should be raised, and whereas, since tho calendar announcing the fees for the coming year has been issued, it is impracticable to inake an addition to the fees for the next year; therefore, Resolved, That it be announced in the next calendar that the annual fee of all non-resident students who shall enter the university on or after June, 1892, ahall be $10 greater than that now required." The University base ball team won the game at the Agricultural College Saturday last, by a score of 10 to 0. Duringtheremainderoftheyear.Otto Kirchner, of Detroit, will lecture on private corporations, and Alexis C. Angelí, of Detroit, on constitutional law.
Ann Arbor Register