100 Reasons to be Thankful in 2020
Mon, 11/23/2020 - 11:45am by muffy
During this live streaming event, the 10 New York Times book editors each gave an impassioned endorsement for their personal favorites that did not make the list. Here they are:
- The Undocumented Americans by Karla Cornejo Villavicencio
- The Bass Rock by Evie Wyld
- Just Us: An American Conversation by Claudia Rankin
- Owls of the Eastern Ice: A Quest to Find and Save the World's Largest Owl by Jonathan C. Slaght
- Jack by Marilynne Robinson
- Cleanness by Garth Greenwell
- The Death of Vivek Oji by Akwaeke Emezi
- Hurricane Season by Fernanda Melchor
- Eat the Buddha: Life and Death in a Tibetan Town by Barbara Demick
- The Weirdest People in the World: How the West Became Psychologically Peculiar and Particularly Prosperous by Joseph Patrick Henrich
Kirkus Reviews: Best Books of 2020: 100 favorite fiction titles this year, as well as the 100 Best Picture Books for young readers.
Library Journal: Best Books 2020: Worst Year, Best Books, 144 titles across 15 categories will help get libraries and readers through to better days.