Weeknight Cooking: Episode 3 | Coconut Curry with Veggies and Shrimp on AADL.TV
Monday January 18, 2021: 6:00pm to 6:30pm
Join Elizabeth as she makes another easy weeknight dinner, this time a Thai-inspired coconut curry with veggies and the option to add in shrimp!
This video premieres on AADL.TV.
Coconut Curry with Veggies and Shrimp (serves 4-6)
Total time: about 30 minutes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 inch square fresh ginger root, minced
1 large white onion, diced
4 carrots, sliced
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 red or 2 small red peppers, sliced
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 cans coconut milk
1 jar red curry paste
cooked rice (for serving over)
cilantro (for topping, if desired)
sesame or olive oil
- Cook the rice according to package directions. You can do this while doing the other steps.
- Mince the garlic and ginger and dice the onion. Add the onion to a large pot with some oil and let it cook until just softened. Add the garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant.
- Drizzle in a little more oil and add the carrots, let cook for just a few minutes until slightly softened.
- Stir in the curry paste and let it cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Pour in 2 cans of coconut milk and stir well.
- Add the shrimp and let cook until beginning to turn pink and opaque.
- Add the broccoli and red pepper, let cook for a few more minutes until shrimp is fully cooked and broccoli and pepper are just softened.
- Add the final can of coconut milk and stir well until heated through.
- Serve over rice and topped with cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!