True Inclusion is Revolutionary: Practicing Disability Justice
Wednesday October 5, 2022: 1:00pm to 3:00pm Add to Calendar
This event will feature ASL interpretation and live captioning.
Learn & practice the principles of Disability Justice, exploring how they apply to you and your work. This social justice training will center the experiences of people with disabilities, but will also cover issues of race, class, and gender, particularly as they intersect with disability experience. We will discuss where the disability movement is right now and why, how each of us can help end ableism, and how to ensure the people in our sphere are getting the right messages about disability.
Informational links provided by Detroit Disability Power:
- Medical & Social Models of Disability
- 10 Principles of Disability Justice
- al Jazeera article “A US immigration history of white supremacy and ableism”
- The Atlantic article, “You Have to Scream Out: Being Black & Disabled is a Constant Struggle.”
- Finally, Here are some books, blogs, videos, etc that we compiled about disability, ableism, and audism.
This event is in partnership with Detroit Disability Power.
This event was held live on Zoom and has concluded.