Let's Get Moving
Summer means it's time to start exploring the city by foot. Walking is a great way to get to the park, the bus, or to your favorite library and start the Summer Game! By walking safely you can explore our community and help the city reach its carbon neutrality goal.
Walking Safety Tips:
• Look left-right-left before crossing a street and watch for turning vehicles.
• Cross streets at marked crosswalks or intersections.
• Obey all traffic signals. Only enter the street during the “WALK” symbol when crossing at a
• Walk on the sidewalk; if there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far to the left as possible.
• Yield the right-of-way to motorists and bicyclists when crossing outside of a marked crosswalk.
• Allow ample time for a vehicle to stop prior to entering the street.
This badge can be done in 40-50 minutes and will require you to walk approximately 1.2 miles through Kerrytown and towards University of Michigan’s Central campus area. This walk is all outdoors; don’t forget your sunglasses and sunscreen.
Brought to you by the City of Ann Arbor Transportation Department. For helpful tips to walking safely this summer, CLICK HERE.
This badge has been awarded to 243 players
Sign in to see clues and check your progress on this badge
In the clue "You will need to cross the might Huron, and we aren’t talking about the river. ", I think you mean "mighty Huron".
Thanks, Ed, that's been fixed!
This should be worth more points
You are right about that! This badge is now worth 500 points, and I've awarded you a bonus to catch you up. Thanks for the feedback!
I want to try this walking but It would be very helpful if there is a map like Cycle the Bikeway badge...
would you check snd see if this badge completion added 500 points.
and you are righr do it on dunday and parking is free.
hopefully, ill find out when i return to my car