Ann Arbor News, November 17, 1951
After fire virtually destroyed the second floor of the south wing and intense heat and water damaged the rest of the two-story brick building at 2010 Washtenaw Ave. last April, owner J. E. Stowe asked Colvin, Robinson & Associates to redesign the two-family residence. At left is a News photograph of the fire at its height; above is the structure as it appears today, awaiting occupancy. An apartment has been built into the basement; another on the main floor. The bearing walls were retained, but otherwise, the building's interior is radically changed. Among features are wide use of sand-blasted fir paneling and decorative glass panels along the wall in the hall under which are planting pockets.