Press enter after choosing selection

Evangelical United Brethren Church Gets New Cross, November 1955

Evangelical United Brethren Church Gets New Cross, November 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 12, 1955
Caption
New Church Gets Cross: Workmen for Glenn Patrick, Ypsilanti contractor, erect the cross atop the new Evangelical United Brethren Church being built at the corner of Newport Pl. and Miller Rd. The $157,000 building was begun last spring. Work is to be completed Jan. 1, 1956.

Children Light Advent Candles At Evangelical United Brethren Church, November 1962

Children Light Advent Candles At Evangelical United Brethren Church, November 1962 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 30, 1962
Caption
Lights Advent Candles: Robin Bigelow lights the first of four Advent Season candles at the altar of the Evangelical United Brethren Church of Ann Arbor, a ritual which will be performed this Sunday in many Ann Arbor churches, symbolizing the coming of Christ. With Robin are (left to right) Scott Storey, Becky Bigelow and Kent Storey.

Evangelical United Brethren Church Joash Box, February 1960

Evangelical United Brethren Church Joash Box, February 1960 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, February 26, 1960
Caption
Keg For Collection: This is one of two nail kegs, called Joash Boxes, erected in the Evangelical United Brethren Church to help raise money for church needs. Slots have been cut in the side for money intake. The kegs were named after King Joash, under whose reign the Temple of Jerusalem was repaired.

Vacation School Activities at Evangelical United Brethren Church, June 1958

Vacation School Activities at Evangelical United Brethren Church, June 1958 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 30, 1958
Caption
Learning Through Projects: Following directions, children at the Evangelical United Brethren Church build houses such as Jesus might have lived in as part of activity designed to teach them about His life.

Evangelical United Brethren Church Sunday School Party and Parade, September 1956

Evangelical United Brethren Church Sunday School Party and Parade, September 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 17, 1956
Caption
Join The Party: Sunday School students from the Evangelical United Brethren Church paraded in costume through their neighborhood Saturday afternoon, as a invitation to other youngsters to attend a party at the church and meet the Sunday School staff. About 100 students from the kindergarten, primary and junior departments of the school participated in the parade, carrying colorful invitational balloons. Above, a group of the students prepared to begin the march, which started at 1 p.m. from the church at Miller and Newport Rds. The parade and party, which included singing and refreshments, were under the direction of the Sunday School staff, with Mr. and Mrs. Charles Dykstra as chairmen.

Young People Painting Evangelical United Brethren Church, January 1956

Young People Painting Evangelical United Brethren Church, January 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 28, 1956
Caption
Church Young People Help Out: Young people of the Evangelical United Brethren Church wielded a helping paintbrush this week as the new church at Miller Ave. and Newport Rd. neared final stages of completion. Pictured from the left (below) are Arden Rogers, Virginia Cate, Lynn Rogers and Mary Martin. David Biebighauser is on the ladder. Church members hope to be in the $157,000 modern-design structure by March.

Interior of Evangelical United Brethren Church, March 1956

Interior of Evangelical United Brethren Church, March 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, March 24, 1956
Caption
New Church Opens: Initial worship services will be held at 10:45 a.m. tomorrow in the modern design Evangelical United Brethren Church at Miller Rd. and Newport Pl. The main auditorium, shown here, is characterized by the asymmetrical roof and chancel arrangement. The inside wall is of buff brick, the pews and chancel cross of light oak and the roof beams of steel. The auditorium has a capacity of 470 people. Complete educational facilities are on the ground floor. The church was constructed at a cost of $160,000.