Press enter after choosing selection

Aerial Photograph of Holy Ghost Fathers Seminary, Washtenaw Ave., October 1951

Aerial Photograph of Holy Ghost Fathers Seminary, Washtenaw Ave., October 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, October 27, 1951
Caption
While the new Holy Ghost Fathers Seminary's first class is taking preliminary study for the priesthood in the former LaPointe home at 4133 Washtenaw Rd. (square building, center), the new buildings for the larger complete seminary are rising around it. In News Photographer Maitland LaMotte's aerial view, the U-shaped structure in foreground will be the high school building. Dormitories, now in use, are beyond the house, and the chapel framework is at right of the dormitories. Henry deKoning of Ann Arbor is the contractor for the $500,000 project. Washtenaw Ave. cuts across the lower right corner of picture.

Aerial Photograph of Eastern Michigan College Apartments, June 1957

Aerial Photograph of Eastern Michigan College Apartments, June 1957 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 10, 1957
Caption
Apartment Project Grows: When Eastern Michigan College classes resume in September, 96 more apartment units for married students are expected to be ready for occupancy. Eight 12-apartment units are being built on the Ypsilanti campus around six units (center) which were completed two years ago. The new units, similar to the initial Pine Grove Terrace buildings, will cost an estimated $1,000,000. The housing project is self-liquidating. A portion of Ypsilanti's Hillside Ct. is at the top right of this view looking south.

Aerial Photograph of University of Michigan North Campus and Northwood Apartments, June 1957

Aerial Photograph of University of Michigan North Campus and Northwood Apartments, June 1957 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 4, 1957
Caption
University's North Campus: Gradually taking on the aspects of a community in itself is the University's North Campus, where some 1,000 persons now live. The Northwood Apartments in the foreground, with ample parking facilities, are for married students and their families. This photo was taken looking south. At the top of the picture is the Veterans Hospital. University laboratory buildings are scattered between the apartments and the hospital. The long, curving road at the left is Beal Ave., named for a former University Regent, the late Junius E. Beal of Ann Arbor.

Aerial View of new South Quadrangle Dormitory, March 5, 1951

Aerial View of new South Quadrangle Dormitory, March 5, 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, March 13, 1951
Caption
AIRVIEW OF 'SKYSCRAPER DORMITORY': Only interior furnishing remains before the new South Quadrangle University men's residence, shown in the right foreground, will be ready for occupancy. The eight-story, $5,000,000 structure will house nearly 1,200 students. At the left is the West Quadrangle and Michigan Union, while just beyond the South Quadrangle, to the east, is the Law Quadrangle.

Aerial Photograph of Michigan State Normal College Apartment Buildings, Ypsilanti, July 1955

Aerial Photograph of Michigan State Normal College Apartment Buildings, Ypsilanti, July 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, July 21, 1955
Caption
Work on MSNC Apartment Buildings Progresses: This is an aerial view of six Michigan State Normal College apartment buildings for married students. Sixty-one of the apartments will be one-bedroom units and another 12, two bedrooms each. This view looks west, toward the Ypsilanti intersection of Kingwood Ave. and Collegewood Dr. (out of sight at top). Half of the units in the $563,000 project are scheduled for completion in September, a spokesman for the Miller-Davis Construction Co. of Kalamazoo said. No public funds are involves in financing the self-liquidating project.