Press enter after choosing selection

Women Filling Baskets for League of Catholic Women Party at St. Thomas Catholic Church, December 1937

Women Filling Baskets for League of Catholic Women Party at St. Thomas Catholic Church, December 1937 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, December 20, 1937
Caption
CHRISTMAS CHEER: Donation to the pound party of St. Thomas Catholic church yesterday filled 28 bushel baskets with all kinds of foods for distribution to needy families for Christmas. The League of Cahtolic Women which sponsored the party also received a bushel each of apples and potatoes and $43 in cash with which to buy meats and perishable foods. League members, above, looking over some of the contributions, are: left to right, Mrs. Stephen Duris, Mrs. Dewey Forshee, Mrs. William Ager, Mrs. Edward O'Neill, Mrs. James McLeod and Mrs. James Finnell.

2 Ex-City Pastors Get New Positions

2 Ex-City Pastors Get New Positions image
Parent Issue
Day
16
Month
November
Year
1976
Copyright
Copyright Protected

St. Thomas Catholic Church's remodeled interior, April 1965

St. Thomas Catholic Church's remodeled interior, April 1965 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 2, 1965
Caption
New Look At St. Thomas Remodeling work was completed recently at St. Thomas the Apostle Roman Catholic Church. The sanctuary walls (above) have been covered with a brilliant red Florentine mosaic tile, flecked with gold. The 17-foot crucifix was carved in Italy of lindenwood. New pews have been installed in the church, which seats 800, and the walls have been painted an off-white and new light fixtures have been installed to brighten the interior. Edward V. Olencki, University professor of architecture, and Clifford J. Anicka were architects. The photographs (below) show a renovated station of the cross and a side altar which has a new wood carved statue of Mary.

St. Thomas Catholic Church's remodeled interior, April 1965

St. Thomas Catholic Church's remodeled interior, April 1965 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, December 31, 1969
Caption
New Look At St. Thomas Remodeling work was completed recently at St. Thomas the Apostle Roman Catholic Church. The sanctuary walls (above) have been covered with a brilliant red Florentine mosaic tile, flecked with gold. The 17-foot crucifix was carved in Italy of lindenwood. New pews have been installed in the church, which seats 800, and the walls have been painted an off-white and new light fixtures have been installed to brighten the interior. Edward V. Olencki, University professor of architecture, and Clifford J. Anicka were architects. The photographs (below) show a renovated station of the cross and a side altar which has a new wood carved statue of Mary.

St. Thomas Catholic Church's remodeled interior, April 1965

St. Thomas Catholic Church's remodeled interior, April 1965 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 2, 1965
Caption
New Look At St. Thomas Remodeling work was completed recently at St. Thomas the Apostle Roman Catholic Church. The sanctuary walls (above) have been covered with a brilliant red Florentine mosaic tile, flecked with gold. The 17-foot crucifix was carved in Italy of lindenwood. New pews have been installed in the church, which seats 800, and the walls have been painted an off-white and new light fixtures have been installed to brighten the interior. Edward V. Olencki, University professor of architecture, and Clifford J. Anicka were architects. The photographs (below) show a renovated station of the cross and a side altar which has a new wood carved statue of Mary.