Press enter after choosing selection

St. Thomas Catholic Youth Center Before Renovation, 1950

St. Thomas Catholic Youth Center Before Renovation, 1950 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 19, 1951
Caption
Before Redecorating: This is typical of the bleak and bare rooms which faced St. Thomas parishioners who volunteered to remodel the house into a youth center. Since this was taken, walls have been relathed, plastered, and painted, plumbing relocated, and electricity rewired.

St. Thomas Church's Catholic Youth Center After Renovation, April 1951

St. Thomas Church's Catholic Youth Center After Renovation, April 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 19, 1951
Caption
Everything Including TV: The new center is equipped for a variety of activities - dancing, ping-pong, pool, club meetings - or for quietly watching television together as these youngsters are doing.

St. Thomas Church's Catholic Youth Center After Renovation, April 1951

St. Thomas Church's Catholic Youth Center After Renovation, April 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 19, 1951
Caption
Time for Refreshment: Center-users will be able to have anything from a Coke to a banquet at the center. Coke and candy machines will be in the rumpus room. A fully-equipped kitchen features a gas range and refrigerator, a freezer, and new built-in cupboards. Shown in the rumpus room are John Ulberg, Mary Mummery, and Daniel Mussio. Behind the pass-through to be used for serving is Richard Sinelli. Most of the work on the center was done by volunteer labor.

St. Thomas Church's Catholic Youth Center After Renovation, April 1951

St. Thomas Church's Catholic Youth Center After Renovation, April 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 19, 1951
Caption
Trying It Out: Several members of the new Catholic Youth Center at 538 N. Division St. gather to preview their newly redecorated center, which will be dedicated Sunday. They are (left to right) John Day, John Ulberg, Mary Mummery, Nancy Bertoni, Richard Sinelli, Madora Brown, Rev. Arthur F. Neffy, who has been leading the project, and Frank Collins. The youth center is in a building constructed as a private home in 1894.

St. Thomas Church's Catholic Youth Center After Renovation, April 1951

St. Thomas Church's Catholic Youth Center After Renovation, April 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 19, 1951
Caption
Let's Dance: The new Catholic youth center's main floor rumpus room is complete with juke box, dance floor, window seat and small tables and chairs to be placed cabaret style around the room. The piano (not shown) is the focal point for live music or group singing. A cloak room and director's office are connected with the rumpus room.