Press enter after choosing selection

Ground-Breaking Ceremony for University Reformed Church on E. Huron St, May 1963

Ground-Breaking Ceremony for University Reformed Church on E. Huron St, May 1963 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 9, 1963
Caption
'Welcome Neighbor': Fred Uhlrich (left) book store owner and a Catholic, welcomes his new neighbors - the congregation of the University Reformed Church, which will be built on E. Huron St. near Fletcher. Ulrich welcomed his new neighbors at ground-breaking ceremonies last night. The Rev. Chester H. Loucks, associated director of the Ann Arbor Washtenaw Council of Churches, stands on the right and the Rev. Calvin Malefyt, pastor of the church, is in the center with his back to the camera.

University Reform Church, April 1965

University Reform Church, April 1965 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 30, 1965
Caption
Award Winning Design The University Reformed Church at 1001 E. Huron St. has attracted world-wide interest because of its unusual design and was originally picked by Progressive Architecture magazine as one of three outstanding international designs. A 30-foot wooden cross of white maple dominates the main sanctuary whose only windows are in the roof of the concrete slab building. The building was dedicated a little over a year ago and its architect is Gunnar Birkerts who is on the University faculty.

Exterior of University Reformed Church, April 1964

Exterior of University Reformed Church, April 1964 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 6, 1964
Caption
University Reformed Church will be dedicated tomorrow