Press enter after choosing selection

St. Thomas Lutheran Church raised for new basement, May 1965

St. Thomas Lutheran Church raised for new basement, May 1965 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 14, 1965
Caption
Church Up In The Air A construction worker operates a bulldozer under St. Thomas Lutheran Church, 10001 W. Ellsworth Rd., Freedom Township, to dig a basement under the structure that was built in 1874. Railroad ties are supporting the building. The basement will house a fellowship-Sunday School hall, kitchen and storage area. At ground level, a new entry way and cloak room will be added at one side of the chancel and a vestry and sacristy at the other. Waldemar Haab of 3710 Pleasant Lake Rd. is general contractor for the project which is scheduled for completion at the end of June. The congregation is worshipping in the Pleasant Lake School Auditorium.