Press enter after choosing selection

Greek-Revival Adobe Home At Scio Church Rd & Greenview Dr Is Torn Down, May 1955

Greek-Revival Adobe Home At Scio Church Rd & Greenview Dr Is Torn Down, May 1955 image
Year:
1955
Published In:
Ann Arbor News, May 9, 1955
Caption:
CLAY HOUSE COMES DOWN: This ancient landmark at Scio Church Rd. and Greenview Dr. is being torn down by order of the Ann Arbor Board of Education, which acquired the land where the house stands as part of the new high school site. An estimated 150 years old, the clay-brick, stucco-covered building has been unoccupied since last fall.

Rev. Richard H. Miller and George Frisinger at Site for New Presbyterian Church, November 1955 Photographer: Attributed to Eck Stanger

Rev. Richard H. Miller and George Frisinger at Site for New Presbyterian Church, November 1955 image
Year:
1955
Published In:
Ann Arbor News, November 26, 1955
Caption:
New Church Site Studied: The Rev. Richard H. Miller (right) and George Frisinger study the location for a new Presbyterian church on the west side of Ann Arbor. First step in the church's organization will take place at 3 p.m. tomorrow at the First Presbyterian Church here when a meeting of interested Presbyterians will be told plans for the program. The exact location of this site will be announced at the meeting.

Construction of addition to Westminster Presbyterian Church, January 1969 Photographer: Eck Stanger

Construction of addition to Westminster Presbyterian Church, January 1969 image
Year:
1969
Published In:
Ann Arbor News, January 18, 1969
Caption:
Sanctuary Near Completion Construction of the new $252,000 sanctuary of Westminster Presbyterian Church, located at Greenview Dr. and Scio Church Rd., is scheduled for completion by May 15, according to the Rev. Charles J. Gensheimer, pastor of the church. The pyramid-shaped structure is connected to the present single-level church building (left rear) by a corridor and office building. The old building, which was constructed in 1958, will be used for church school classrooms when the new extension is finished. The new sanctuary will triple the church's facilities. The architect is James P. Wong & Associated of Ann Arbor. Construction was begun last April. Westminster was started in 1957 in a basement apartment at Nob Hill Apartment with two dozen members. Today, it has more than 400.