Press enter after choosing selection

Long Registration Lines at the University of Michigan, August 1967

Long Registration Lines at the University of Michigan, August 1967 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 28, 1967
Caption
Registration Line Long At U-M: Students who got there early approach Waterman Gymnasium (above) as fall registration opened this morning at the University. Late arrivals followed in a line that stretched almost to S. University. U-M spokesmen had no explanation for the longer than usual line, except that enrollment on the Ann Arbor Campus is expected to be up from about 29,000 last fall to more than 30,000 this year. The Chemistry Building is at right in the picture above. In the picture immediately below [this photo], the line of students at the right rear crosses the registration line and is on its way to pick up material at the School of Natural Resources before entering the longer line headed for the gymnasium. Students in the bottom picture are in back of the Undergraduate Library near the end of the line.

Angell Hall Progress, October 1951

Angell Hall Progress, October 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 6, 1951
Caption
AIRVIEW OF ANGELL HALL ADDITION: This Ann Arbor News aerial photo shows progress on the addition to Angell Hall and the location of the new wings. The top of the new Administration Building is in left foreground. In upper left corner are the Natural Science Building and the Chemistry Building, which also has a new wing to the right. West Medical Building is at top right, and the roof of the General Library can be seen. Nestled close to the south end of Angell Hall is the spire-topped Romance Languages Building.

New University Of Michigan Students Tour The Campus During Orientation, September 1947

New University Of Michigan Students Tour The Campus During Orientation, September 1947 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 17, 1947
Caption
Walking across campus to one of the numerous meetings the freshmen have to attend, a group adviser points out the Chemistry Building to her charges. One tour is specially scheduled to familiarize the new students with every building on campus.

New addition to the Chemistry Building progresses, 930 N. University Ave., January 1948

New addition to the Chemistry Building progresses, 930 N. University Ave., January 1948 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 20, 1948
Caption
READY IN LATE SPRING: Due to the complicated mechanical installations, the addition to the Chemistry Building, located on N. University Ave. and attached to the east side of the present building, will not wholly be completed until late spring. The picture above, taken from the diagonal of the main campus, shows the old building to the left, and the new addition to the right. The structure, built at an estimated cost of more than $,426,000 will house both the Chemistry Department and the School of Pharmacy. The addition is built of reinforced concrete with brick facing and is four stories high with a basement. A lecture hall and some classrooms in the building are completed and in use, but full occupancy is not scheduled for several months.

New School of Business Administration will be ready soon, January 1948

New School of Business Administration will be ready soon, January 1948 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 20, 1948
Caption
BUSINESS BUILDING IN USE SOON: Occupancy in February is scheduled for sections of the new School of Business Administration which is located on a site bounded by Tappan Ave., Haven Ave., and Monroe St. The two million dollar structure has a nine-story tower which will have offices and research rooms. The three-story sections on Haven and Monroe Sts. will be used for classrooms and laboratories. Some of the architectural features found in the new building are aluminum window frames, acoustic tile ceilings, and a heating system which uses concealed wall convectors.

Addition to the East Engineering Building, 500 block of E. University Ave., January 1948

Addition to the East Engineering Building, 500 block of E. University Ave., January 1948 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 20, 1948
Caption
ENGINEERING STUDENTS STUDY HERE: This four-story addition to the East Engineering Building in the 500 block of E. University Ave. was occupied last fall, even though not completely finished. Students could learn engineering practice both in and between classes as workmen filled the halls, working on interior finish details. The structure, erected at an estimated cost of $1,470,000, is built of concrete, stone and brick to harmonize with the architectural style of the original engineering building, shown at the far left of this photograph. The new addition houses the aeronautical and electrical engineering departments of the College of Engineering of the University. Third floor is to be devoted almost entirely to electronics and communications equipment.

Unsurpassed Back In 1857

Unsurpassed Back In 1857 image
Parent Issue
Day
1
Month
September
Year
1947
Copyright
Copyright Protected