Press enter after choosing selection

Sisters at St. Francis of Assisi Receive New Car from Church Members, January 1964 Photographer: Doug Fulton

Sisters at St. Francis of Assisi Receive New Car from Church Members, January 1964 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 10, 1964
Caption
Quite A Present: Eight Dominican sisters who teach at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic School received a new auto from church members to start the new year. Sister Superior Helen Mary (center) accepts the keys from Vernon Swan (right), co-chairman of the funds drive with Wallace Hayden (second from left). Sister Michaeleen (left) and the Rev. Frank P. Srebernak (second from right), St. Francis pastor, look on while other sisters try out the new automobile.

St. Francis of Assisi Church and School, May 1952 Photographer: Eck Stanger

St. Francis of Assisi Church and School, May 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 24, 1952
Caption
New St. Francis Church Buildings Contemporary design is carried inside the convent. The community room (above) includes a dining alcove at rear, separated by a planting box in natural finished oak to match other furniture. Wall are yellow, except end wall (with crucifix) which is gray-green. Asphalt tile on the floor is in shades of green and drapes are red figured material. Beyond end wall of room is a small private chapel for the nuns. Yellow walls and yellow cathedral glass in chapel provide a sunny appearance even on grey days.

St. Francis of Assisi Church and School, May 1952 Photographer: Eck Stanger

St. Francis of Assisi Church and School, May 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 24, 1952
Caption
New St. Francis Church Buildings Typical of the four nuns' bedrooms in St. Francis' new convent is the one above, furnished with natural oak finished bed, desk, chair and chest. Walls are cream, drapes are grey-blue, figured material. Color schemes vary in other rooms. Edge of door visible at far right is one of double doors opening into built-in closet.