Press enter after choosing selection

Interior of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, March 1969

Interior of St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, March 1969 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, March 22, 1969
Caption
Simplicity of Design Graceful, curved wooden beams highlight the simplicity of the sanctuary of the new St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church. The $675,000 building, located off E. Stadium Blvd. near the present St. Francis School building, is complete except for minor furnishing and landscaping. Dedication ceremonies will begin at 11 a.m. March 29 with the Most Rev. John F. Dearden, Archbishop of Detroit, blessing the exterior and interior of the building. Ground was broken for the building by the Rev. Frank P. Srebernak, pastor of St. Francis since 1959, in 1967.

St. Francis of Assisi Men's Club Prepares for Barbecue, October 1963

St. Francis of Assisi Men's Club Prepares for Barbecue, October 1963 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, October 3, 1963
Caption
Preparing For Big Barbecue: St. Francis Men's Club members, assisted by some young volunteers, prepare to raise the tent housing some of their equipment for the church's annual chicken barbecue Sunday on the E. Stadium church grounds. Thousands of dinners will be served at the public "drive-in" event beginning at noon. Proceeds from the affair are used for youth activities.