Press enter after choosing selection

Fire Leaves Family Homeless

Fire Leaves Family Homeless image
Parent Issue
Day
15
Month
July
Year
1968
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Dennis Laraway & His Fireman Halloween Pumpkin, October 1963

Dennis Laraway & His Fireman Halloween Pumpkin, October 1963 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, October 31, 1963
Caption
PUMP(K)IN' FOR SAFETY: Dennis Laraway's Halloween jack-o-lantern has a message - fire safety. The "fireman" is illuminated with an electric light bulb, rather than the usual candle. Dennis, nearly 2, is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Hascal Laraway of 1106 Brooks, a home at which fire safety is emphasized - Mrs. Laraway's father is Captain Donald Robbins of the Ann Arbor Fire Department.

New Fire Escape at 331 Packard St., May 1955

New Fire Escape at 331 Packard St., May 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 7, 1955
Caption
The New Look: A sudden advent of firescapes of wood and steel throughout the city is the result of the City Building Inspection Department inspection of all rental units. John E. Ryan, chief building inspector, said that, so far, between 40 and 50 escapes have been ordered installed. A double escape to handle third floor occupants is shown at 331 Packard St. The single stairway is at 607 E. Ann St.

New Fire Escape at 607 E. Ann St., May 1955

New Fire Escape at 607 E. Ann St., May 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 7, 1955
Caption
The New Look: A sudden advent of firescapes of wood and steel throughout the city is the result of the City Building Inspection Department inspection of all rental units. John E. Ryan, chief building inspector, said that, so far, between 40 and 50 escapes have been ordered installed. A double escape to handle third floor occupants is shown at 331 Packard St. The single stairway is at 607 E. Ann St.

Fire At The Ann Arbor Bedding Co., February 1957

Fire At The Ann Arbor Bedding Co., February 1957 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, February 8, 1957
Caption
BURNING BEDDING PLANT: Explosion of a furnace boiler caused flame and smoke in the basement of the Ann Arbor Bedding Co. plant at Pontiac St. and Broadway this morning. Firemen were hampered in gaining access to the blaze because of thick smoke from smoldering bedding materials. There were no injuries.