Press enter after choosing selection

Popkins School, July 1956

Popkins School, July 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, July 19, 1956
Caption
POPKINS SCHOOL: One of several small rural schools in Ann Arbor township is Popkins School at Earhart and Plymouth Rds. The one-room structure was built in 1878. Recently, some of these township school districts have been annexed to the Ann Arbor city school system.

Laurance, Bradley, & Edward Frederick At Popkins School, September 1956

Laurance, Bradley, & Edward Frederick At Popkins School, September 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 8, 1956
Caption
SCHOOL'S THREE GENERATIONS: Laurence Frederick, 27, of 1820 Green Rd., Ann Arbor township (left), leaves his son, Bradley, 5, in kindergarten at Popkins School as Edward W. Frederick of 1741 Green Rd. holds the door open for his grandson. Edward Frederick, chairman of the Washtenaw Board of Supervisors, and his son, Laurance, both attended Popkins, where Bradley started kindergarten this week. Popkins School was built in 1879.

Remains Of Popkins School, January 1998

Remains Of Popkins School, January 1998 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 12, 1998
Caption
Popkins School, a one-room schoolhouse at the corner of Plymouth and Earhart roads, was nearly destroyed by a fire in 1983 and has slowly deteriorated since then.

Remains Of Popkins School, August 2000

Remains Of Popkins School, August 2000 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 22, 2000
Caption
The Old Popkins School building at Plymouth and Old Earhart roads in Ann Arbor Township.

The One-Room School--A Vanishing Landmark

The One-Room School--A Vanishing Landmark image
Parent Issue
Day
17
Month
March
Year
1954
Copyright
Copyright Protected