Press enter after choosing selection

Mrs. Paul T. Pohly and her son Richard, in their trailer home in Sunnyside Trailer Park on Packard, November 1951

Mrs. Paul T. Pohly and her son Richard, in their trailer home in Sunnyside Trailer Park on Packard, November 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 24, 1951
Caption
An idea of the size of the Sunnyside Trailer Park on Packard Rd. with its 60-plus trailer coaches can be gained from this aerial photograph (top). Many of the trailer homes have leantos for added space. Not discernible are the many television aerials that dot the park. The 40-foot trailer coach (bottom) that is the home of the Paul T. Pohly family at Coachville Gardens Trailer Court on Carpenter Rd. illustrates the adequacy, despite limited open space, of such living quarters. Shown here is Mrs. Pohly and one of three children, four-year-old Richard. Behind them in a ceiling cabinet is a television set. A space heater is at the left, and nearby is a family size refrigerator. To the rear are two bedrooms.

Construction of Lustron House, April 1949

Construction of Lustron House, April 1949 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 9, 1949
Caption
Steel "ribs" of the first Lustron home to be built in Ann Arbor are shown in this picture of the dwelling now being constructed by Staebler & Son at Chandler and Amherst Drs. The component parts of the home, complete from door key to plumbing, arrived via specially built truck from the factory in Columbus, O., a week ago. Sectional wall panel supports are fastened to a metal "track" which in turn is bolted into the concrete floor slab.

Athletic heads housed at U-M's Willow Village for veterans discuss location of baseball diamonds, April 1946

Athletic heads housed at U-M's Willow Village for veterans discuss location of baseball diamonds, April 1946 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 3, 1946
Caption
WEST LODGE ATHLETIC MANAGERS CONFER: Seven of the nine student veteran managers of the Intramural sports program at Willow Village discuss location of the new softball diamonds at the U-M center for single men. Left to right, kneeling, are Walter Zach, Abe Ackerman and William Riordan, director of athletic; standing, J. D. McDaniels, assistant director, William Juskowitz, David Gover, Karl Johnson, Joe Kerin and Louis Anderson.