Press enter after choosing selection

Maj. Phillip G. Kuhn, New Commander Of Air Force Reserve 472nd Fighter-Bomber Squadron, Arrives At Willow Run Airport, February 1956

Maj. Phillip G. Kuhn, New Commander Of Air Force Reserve 472nd Fighter-Bomber Squadron, Arrives At Willow Run Airport, February 1956 image
Year:
1956
Published In:
Ann Arbor News, February 20, 1956
Caption:
RESERVES BEGIN FLYING: Activities of the new Air Force Reserve squadron at Willow Run Airport began over the weekend with the first formal training at the Packard Building headquarters of the 472nd squadron. Capt. Russell E. Wells, commander of the permanent 472nd detachment, here greets Maj. Phillip G. Kuhn, new commander of the Reserve flyers, as the major leaves one of the 10 fighter-bomber jets flown into the base yesterday. Some 75 reservists attended the first weekend of training. At full strength, the 472nd will have some 400 Reservists and 25 jet aircraft.

Pilots Of Air Force Reserve 472nd Fighter-Bomber Squadron At Willow Run Chat During A Break At Selfridge Air Force Base Summer Training, August 1956

Pilots Of Air Force Reserve 472nd Fighter-Bomber Squadron At Willow Run Chat During A Break At Selfridge Air Force Base Summer Training, August 1956 image
Year:
1956
Published In:
Ann Arbor News, August 17, 1956
Caption:
WASHTENAW PILOTS CONFER: These four Reserve jet pilots, all members of the 472nd Fighter-Bomber Squadron at Willow Run, take time out during their two-week summer training period to confer with Maj. Phillip G. Kuhn (left) of Wyandotte, World War II flying ace who is reserve commander of the 472nd. The pilots are (left to right, on ground) Lt. John P. Wenzelberger of Ann Arbor, Lt. R. C. Newcomb of Ypsilanti township and Lt. Donald J. Keune of Ann Arbor. Standing on a ladder by an F-84 jet is Lt. James Sutton, also of Ypsilanti township.