Press enter after choosing selection

Village Eviction Notices Mailed

Village Eviction Notices Mailed image
Parent Issue
Day
1
Month
September
Year
1960
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Notices Sent To Vacate Village Units

Notices Sent To Vacate Village Units image
Parent Issue
Day
18
Month
January
Year
1960
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Aerial Photograph of Willow Village, Ypsilanti and Superior Townships, May 1959

Aerial Photograph of Willow Village, Ypsilanti and Superior Townships, May 1959 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 6, 1959
Caption
Village 'Face Lifting': This aerial view of Willow Village shows the changing appearance of the World War II "Bomber City." Some of the more than 500 new private homes occupied in the Ypsilanti township portion are shown as well as part of the 106 new houses constructed in the Superior township section of the Village. Until Ypsilanti township took over operation of the Village, there were more than 2,500 row-type apartment units. Now there are less than 350 such units scattered across the Village. The scarred land remains after the "temporary" rental units are cleared away and until new housing is constructed. This view looks northeast, with Holmes Rd. in the upper right corner.

Athletic heads housed at U-M's Willow Village for veterans discuss location of baseball diamonds, April 1946

Athletic heads housed at U-M's Willow Village for veterans discuss location of baseball diamonds, April 1946 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 3, 1946
Caption
WEST LODGE ATHLETIC MANAGERS CONFER: Seven of the nine student veteran managers of the Intramural sports program at Willow Village discuss location of the new softball diamonds at the U-M center for single men. Left to right, kneeling, are Walter Zach, Abe Ackerman and William Riordan, director of athletic; standing, J. D. McDaniels, assistant director, William Juskowitz, David Gover, Karl Johnson, Joe Kerin and Louis Anderson.