Press enter after choosing selection

Aerial Photograph of Pipeline Construction in Shady Knolls Subdivision, Ypsilanti, August 1955

Aerial Photograph of Pipeline Construction in Shady Knolls Subdivision, Ypsilanti, August 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 19, 1955
Caption
Pipeline to be Laid in Ypsilanti Lake: Workmen are preparing to lay a 30-inch natural gas pipelines across Ypsilanti township's Ford Lake. Begun at a point northeast of the Willow Run plant, the pipeline will eventually reach natural gas fields in Louisiana. Note construction crew's barge near beach and 40-foot sections of pipe. The line will enter the water immediately south of Harris Rd., shown ending at S. Grove Rd. which runs across top of photo. Part of Nancy Park Subdivision is also pictured.

Aerial Photograph of Nancy Park and Shady Knolls Subdivisions, Ypsilanti, September 1954

Aerial Photograph of Nancy Park and Shady Knolls Subdivisions, Ypsilanti, September 1954 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 14, 1954
Caption
Boost School Enrollment: The sudden increase in the number of children under 20 years of age in the Ypsilanti School District is being directly attributed to a pair of housing developments southeast of Ypsilanti - the Nancy Park and Shady Knolls subdivisions. This aerial view (top) is looking north toward those two residential areas. The Ypsilanti Board of Education last night bought a school site adjacent to the clump of trees (center) directly north of Nancy Park (lower development).

Aerial Photograph of John Montonye's Shady Knolls Farm Surrounded by New Homes, September 1955

Aerial Photograph of John Montonye's Shady Knolls Farm Surrounded by New Homes, September 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 1, 1955
Caption
Nancy Park Neighbors: This barn and silo owned by John P. Montonye of 1175 Grove Rd., contrasts sharply with the Nancy Park subdivision homes that surround it on the north, west and east, one mile southeast of Ypsilanti. Montonye, president of Ypsilanti's Indoor Comfort Co., uses the barn for storage purposes in connection with his business, but the silo is unused. He purchases the 2 1/2-acre plot from the estate of the late Charles Newton, who formerly owned the entire Nancy Park area.