Thomas J. Bass Is Honored For Serving As Mentor To Ypsilanti Youth, March 1991 Photographer: Mark Mueller
Ann Arbor News, March 19, 1956
FINAL MEDICAL FORUM PANEL: Fine of the six Washtenaw county doctors who will participate in the final Medical Forum on "Change of Life in Men and Women" are shown here. They are (left to right) Drs. Marcia Potter, Thomas J. Bass, George S. Sayre, C. W. Spears and J. J. Woods, all of Ypsilanti. Dr. Lyle Elliott, also of Ypsilanti, was not present when the picture was taken. The forum will be held at 8 p.m. tomorrow in the Ypsilanti High School auditorium.
Ypsilanti Hosts Appreciation Banquet For Thomas and Louise Bass, December 1979 Photographer: Larry E. Wright
Ann Arbor News, December 9, 1979
Dr. and Mrs. Bass are honored by community
Tue, 08/02/2022 - 10:04am
Leah Bass-Baylis was born in 1954 in Ypsilanti. Her parents Thomas and Louise Bass–a doctor and teacher–were influential members of Ypsilanti’s Black community. She studied dance at Ypsilanti’s Randazzo Dance Theater and graduated from Spelman College in Atlanta in 1976. She also holds a doctorate in Educational Leadership and Organizational Change from the University of Southern California. Bass-Baylis was a dancer and choreographer for many Broadway shows, including performing in The Tap Dance Kid. In her later career as an administrator, she developed arts education programs in Los Angeles. She and her husband Doug Baylis have four children.
Tue, 07/12/2022 - 1:14pm
George D. Goodman was born in 1940 and grew up in Ypsilanti. His father George worked at the Ford River Rouge plant and his mother Thelma owned and operated Goodman’s Fashion Center on Harriet Street. After graduating from Roosevelt School and Eastern Michigan University, he served as a U.S. Army officer in Germany for 5 years. Goodman is best known for being the mayor of Ypsilanti from 1972 to 1982. He was also director of the University of Michigan Opportunity Program and the Michigan Municipal League. He and his wife Judith have been married for sixty years, and they have two sons.
Ann Arbor News, July 3, 1958
STILL IN BUSINESS: The D. J. Malloy harness shop was first established at 123 E. Ann St. in the year 1891. The store, last reminder of the city's horse and buggy days, still bears its original shingle - "D. J. Malloy Harness" - suspended over the doorway.
Former DeLong's Bar-B-Q Chef Shannon McFall Becomes Owner, March 1993 Photographer: Kyndell Thompson
Ann Arbor News, March 10, 1993
Shannon McFall shows off DeLong's Georgia Boy sandwich.