Press enter after choosing selection

Aerial View of Fritz School Area and Fairgrounds (Future Veterans Memorial Park), October 1951

Aerial View of Fritz School Area and Fairgrounds (Future Veterans Memorial Park), October 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 21, 1951
Caption
EXPANSION TO THE WEST: Graveled Maple Rd. (running diagonally across picture) may become a city street in the not-too-distant future. Growth to date can be seen in this Ann Arbor News aerial photograph. Home Realty Co.'s 100-home Arbor Heights subdivision No. 2 (at upper left) is under construction Fritz School to right of Maple Rd. (near center of picture) has already been taken into the city school district (June, 1949). The Ann Arbor Board of Education anticipating continued growth bought a ten-acre site last June for a proposed 18-20 room elementary school. The site includes open fields (left edge of picture) and part of wooded area. The fairgrounds (at upper right) may be a community recreation center if City Council plans to buy it are carried out.

Aerial View of Barton Pond and Dam, September 1963

Aerial View of Barton Pond and Dam, September 1963 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 24, 1963
Caption
Under City Ownership: These two ponds are part of the Detroit Edison Company's Huron River properties that have come under city ownership. The recent purchase, at a cost to Ann Arbor of $280,000, was made to protect the city's main water supply and to provide for recreation and open space. Barton Pond is shown in the lower picture with the Barton Dam at the right. US-23 is at the top right.

Aerial View of Westaire and Arbor Heights Subdivisions, July 1956

Aerial View of Westaire and Arbor Heights Subdivisions, July 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, July 7, 1956
Caption
Growing Northwest: The northwest area of Ann Arbor is partially seen in this aerial photo as an area of new homes. Haisley School (left, center) is flanked by the newly started Westaire subdivisions. The street leading from the school extends to Duncan St., which with its parallel Bruce St., constitutes Arbor Heights No. 2. The dirt area at the right is Arbor Heights No. 3. The original Arbor Heights is at the bottom left. Bruce and Duncan Sts., at their top portion, reach Miller Ave. Above this Martin Acres Nos. 1 and 2. These end at the pond near the top of the picture.

Aerial View of Huron Valley Bridge, July 1956

Aerial View of Huron Valley Bridge, July 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, July 6, 1956
Caption
BEAUTIFUL BRIDGE: Now providing a lovely entrance-way into Ann Arbor from the north, the new Huron Valley Bride is in full use carrying traffic over the Huron River and the New York Central Railroad tracks. In this aerial view, looking almost due east, the new four-lane span dwarfs the old, narrow Whitemore Lake Rd. Bridge. Faintly visible at top center is the Northside School. (Photo by James Galbraith)