Press enter after choosing selection

Aerial Photograph of University of Michigan North Campus and Northwood Apartments, June 1957

Aerial Photograph of University of Michigan North Campus and Northwood Apartments, June 1957 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 4, 1957
Caption
University's North Campus: Gradually taking on the aspects of a community in itself is the University's North Campus, where some 1,000 persons now live. The Northwood Apartments in the foreground, with ample parking facilities, are for married students and their families. This photo was taken looking south. At the top of the picture is the Veterans Hospital. University laboratory buildings are scattered between the apartments and the hospital. The long, curving road at the left is Beal Ave., named for a former University Regent, the late Junius E. Beal of Ann Arbor.

Aerial Photograph of University of Michigan School of Music Building, September 1976

Aerial Photograph of University of Michigan School of Music Building, September 1976 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 9, 1976
Caption
A Peaceful Setting: It's nestled into one of the most peaceful, pleasant hillside settings in the city. It's by a quiet lake where, often in good weather, concerts or recitals are performed. This is the U-M School of Music building, designed by Aero Saarinen and completed in 1964. This North Campus site is a center for musical education, housing one of the oldest music colleges in the country, and the hub of a vast array of musical activities on campus. (News photo by Cecil Lockard)

Aerial Photograph of the University's North Campus Addition, March 1956

Aerial Photograph of the University's North Campus Addition, March 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, March 23, 1956
Caption
Pictured here are some of the recent apartment construction on the University's North campus and, toward the background, a portion of the newly purchases North Campus addition. The white line outlines the newly-purchased area, which extends out of the picture to the right. Last month the University announced purchase of some 270 acres east of the North Campus, which expanded the total campus there to 657 acres. The apartments, some of which are occupied, eventually will house some 300 families of students and staff. The foreground shows the start of construction on a number of new apartments.