Press enter after choosing selection

Demolition of Boy Scout Headquarters Building on East Huron Street, February 1946

Demolition of Boy Scout Headquarters Building on East Huron Street, February 1946 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, March 1, 1946
Caption
EARLY BUILDING GIVES WAY TO NEW: What was once the Ladies' Library Association building constructed in 1885, is being wrecked to clear the way for erection of a new Michigan Bell Telephone Co. office building at 324 E. Huron St. The building was used as a Boy Scout council headquarters for about 20 years after it was given by the association to the board of education.

Boy Scouts Headquarters on East Huron Street in 1940, September 1973

Boy Scouts Headquarters on East Huron Street in 1940, September 1973 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 23, 1973
Caption
That windowless Michigan Bell Telephone building didn't always occupy its E. Huron St. plot as this picture suggests. Back in the 40s, and before and after, the council office of the Boy Scouts stood there as did (at left) the Cowie residence which later was acquired and razed by The News when parking space became a necessity. Sewell Platt's Ford garage was just to the right of the Scout headquarters building which later on houses a dance academy.

From Our Pictorial Archives

From Our Pictorial Archives image
Parent Issue
Day
23
Month
September
Year
1973
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Dr. Tappan Not Coming

Dr. Tappan Not Coming image
Parent Issue
Day
5
Month
May
Year
1876
Copyright
Public Domain

The Pioneer Society

The Pioneer Society image
Parent Issue
Day
3
Month
March
Year
1876
Copyright
Public Domain

In Memoriam

In Memoriam image
Parent Issue
Day
5
Month
April
Year
1872
Copyright
Public Domain

Ladies Library Association 1885 Cornerstone Installed at Ann Arbor Public Library, April 1966

Ladies Library Association 1885 Cornerstone Installed at Ann Arbor Public Library, April 1966 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, April 7, 1966
Caption
Cornerstone Installed - As part of the centennial anniversary program of the Ladies Library Association, the cornerstone of the old Ladies' Library was installed in the Ann Arbor Public Library. Present were Mrs. Harold E. Wethey, president of the association; Homer R. Chance, director of the Ann Arbor public libraries; and Mrs. James M. Plumer, past president and now a board member of the association.