Press enter after choosing selection

Catholic Social Services Children's Enrichment Program, July 1973

Catholic Social Services Children's Enrichment Program, July 1973 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, July 28, 1973
Caption
Engrossed Students attending the Children's Enrichment Program at St. Francis School are engrossed in an art demonstration by teacher Polly Varhol (center). Others working with the students are Peggy Peterson, left, Lori Hostepler, Barb Alpern and Trish Holeolm. Sponsored by Catholic Social Services of Washtenaw County and staffed by volunteers, the program has been meeting for three days a week for six weeks. The children, ages five, six and seven, were referred by teachers and school social workers. About 60 have participated. The program emphasizes learning through having a good time and individual attention for each child. Besides classroom activities, students have visited a farm, the art fair, the museum, fire station, a doctor's office and gone swimming. Cheryl Wallace serves as chairman.

St. Francis of Assisi Auditorium Construction, July 1955

St. Francis of Assisi Auditorium Construction, July 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, July 23, 1955
Caption
Auditorium Addition Goes Up: The $124,000 auditorium addition to the St. Francis of Assisi church and school has passed the one-third mark on its way to completion. The building is still missing a roof, although the foundations and walls are finished. The Rev. Leon O. Kennedy, pastor of the church, expects the auditorium to be ready for occupancy sometime in November. The new building faces east on Winchell Dr.

St. Francis of Assisi Church and School, May 1952

St. Francis of Assisi Church and School, May 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 24, 1952
Caption
New St. Francis Church Buildings Providing an example of the trend to contemporary design in church architecture is the St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church on Winchell Dr., designed by Architect Walter Anicka. The church is at left, the attached school, recently completed, is at right. Building at far right is the new Tappan Junior High School, across Stadium Blvd. The new convent to house teachers is at rear of buildings shown. An open house will be held at the $105,000 convent and school addition tomorrow.

First Day Of School At St. Francis Of Assisi School, September 1952

First Day Of School At St. Francis Of Assisi School, September 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 4, 1952
Caption
A lot of first graders seem to have the answer for Sister Benedict Mary out at the new St. Francis of Assisi School. The four-room parochial school opened its doors for the first time today.

Football Fanfare

Football Fanfare image
Parent Issue
Day
23
Month
October
Year
1986
Copyright
Copyright Protected