Press enter after choosing selection

Herb Estes, Inc., In New Building - 503 E. Huron Street, May 1956

Herb Estes, Inc., In New Building - 503 E. Huron Street, May 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 7, 1956
Caption
NEW BUILDING HOUSES FORD AGENCY: This new building at 503 E. Huron St. houses the sales and service facilities of Herb Estes, Inc., Ann Arbor Ford dealer. Although finishing touches are still being applied, the building is open for business. Designed by Architect Douglas D. Loree and built by Henry W. deKoning, the $140,000 structure is 72 feet across the front and 224 feet deep, with a glass and brick front and concrete block side and rear walls. The former Estes agency sit at 514 E. Washington St. has been taken over by A. L. Nye Motor Sales, Inc., local Nash dealer. Nye vacated 210 W. Washington St., where the Ann Arbor Town Club plans to move in the fall.

Ground Breaking for Father Gabriel Richard Hall, St. Mary's Student Center, September 1952 Photographer: Attributed to Eck Stanger

Ground Breaking for Father Gabriel Richard Hall, St. Mary's Student Center, September 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 3, 1952
Caption
Ground Broken For Chapel Rev. Frank J. McPhillips, pastor of St. Mary's Student Chapel, turns the soil in ground-breaking ceremonies for the $300,000 Catholic Student Center to be built next to the chapel on Thompson St. The ceremony was held yesterday afternoon. Looking on from left to right are Michael Gorman, editor of the Flint Journal and trustee of the Gabriel Richard Foundation, fund-raising group; Edmond DeVine, local treasurer of the group; Henry W. deKoning, contractor for the project; and Rev. Edward C. Burkhardt and Rev. Joseph B. Jacyna, assistant pastors.

Ground Breaking For Colonial Lanes Bowling Center, March 1960 Photographer: Duane Scheel

Ground Breaking For Colonial Lanes Bowling Center, March 1960 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, March 31, 1960
Caption
BOWLING PROJECT LAUNCHED: Ann Arbor Mayor Pro-Tem Russell Burns (right) turns the first spade of dirt to mark the start of construction work on the half-million-dollar Colonial Lanes bowling center on Industrial Highway. Watching, from left, are Frank Frisinger, Jim Wilbanks (who will manage the establishment), Builder Henry deKoning. Architect Designer Lester Davies of Dearborn, Don Laubengayer and Jack Carver. All save Burns and Davies are members of the Pinnacle Corp. which is behind the new sports-business enterprise. The organization is a 10-man group.

Groundbreaking Ceremony For New Ann Arbor High School, June 1953 Photographer: Eck Stanger

Groundbreaking Ceremony For New Ann Arbor High School, June 1953 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 23, 1953
Caption
New High School Officially Started: Ground Was broken at 2 p.m. yesterday for Ann Arbor's new high school on the Stadium Hills site south of Stadium Blvd. Pictured as the first shovel of earth was dug were George Balas, assistant superintendent of schools; Nichols Schreiber, Ann Arbor High School principal; Henry W. deKoning, contractor for grading and footings for the new building; and Ashley H. Clague of the Board of Education. Clague is wielding the shovel.