Press enter after choosing selection

Michigan Department of Health Uses Portable X-Ray Machine to X-Ray Ann Arbor High School Students, September 1946

Michigan Department of Health Uses Portable X-Ray Machine to X-Ray Ann Arbor High School Students, September 1946 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 31, 1946
Caption
Schools Extend Anti-TB Program: State technicians are busy at Ann Arbor High school taking chest X-rays of all students in the ninth through 12th grades as well as of all teachers and other school employees in the public schools' intensified program aimed at early detection of tuberculosis. Edward M. Monroe of 3050 Foster Rd. is shown having an X-ray taken by Tom Rabbai, technician for the Michigan health department, which sent a mobile unit here for the approximately 2,000 examinations. Waiting to have X-rays taken are (from left to right) Jack Loper of 935 S. Division St., Joseph Holzhoffer of Route 2, and Duane Bredernitz of 6640 Ellsworth Rd. Chest X-rays have been taken every year since 1938, except last year, but were limited to new students in the high school.

Leland Sanatorium, 1947

Leland Sanatorium, 1947 image