Press enter after choosing selection

Cyclotron Magnet Moves Out of North Campus, February 1979

Cyclotron Magnet Moves Out of North Campus, February 1979 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, February 27, 1979
Caption
Workmen prepare to remove the 105-ton magnet from the U-M cyclotron

Atom Smasher Installed at U-M Cyclotron Building on North Campus, March 1961

Atom Smasher Installed at U-M Cyclotron Building on North Campus, March 1961 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, March 15, 1961
Caption
INSTALL ATOM SMASHER: Workers today lowered the 310-ton atom smasher core of the University's new $1,800,000, 40-million-electron-volt cyclotron into position in the partially completed $1,100,000 U-M Cyclotron Building on North Campus. Work on the cyclotron and building is being done by the Henry W. deKoning Construction Co. of Ann Arbor. When completed in 1963, it will be used for research on the nuclei of the heavier atomic elements.

University of Michigan Cyclotron, October 1969

University of Michigan Cyclotron, October 1969 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 2, 1969
Caption
Helps Support Einstein Theory. Prof. William C. Parkinson (left), director of the University's Cyclotron Laboratory, and Joachin A. Koenig, U-M research assistant in physics, inspect scattering chamber between 40-ton magnets of the North Campus facility. Research with such devices in high energy sub-atomic particle physics has helped support Einstein's theory that time relatively slows down as one approaches the speed of light which is a space flight possibility of the future.

Prof. Cork Succumbs At Hospital

Prof. Cork Succumbs At Hospital image
Parent Issue
Day
28
Month
November
Year
1957
Copyright
Copyright Protected