Press enter after choosing selection

Fire At The Ann Arbor Bedding Co., February 1957

Fire At The Ann Arbor Bedding Co., February 1957 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, February 8, 1957
Caption
BURNING BEDDING PLANT: Explosion of a furnace boiler caused flame and smoke in the basement of the Ann Arbor Bedding Co. plant at Pontiac St. and Broadway this morning. Firemen were hampered in gaining access to the blaze because of thick smoke from smoldering bedding materials. There were no injuries.

Fire Destroys Home on Ellsworth Rd, February 1965

Fire Destroys Home on Ellsworth Rd, February 1965 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, February 4, 1965
Caption
Pittsfield Township Home Burns Pittsfield Township firemen spent more than three hours this morning battling a fire which ruined this frame dwelling at 171 W. Ellsworth Rd. Sheriff's deputies said Mrs. Helen Richardson and her family escaped to safety. Flames swept through the interior and roof of the structure. Firemen believe the blaze started in a rear section of the dwelling and spread rapidly to the front. The house is owned by Kenneth Havoline, sheriff's men reported.