Press enter after choosing selection

Phoenix Memorial Laboratory's greenhouse, June 1955

Phoenix Memorial Laboratory's greenhouse, June 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 8, 1955
Caption
LABORATORY GREENHOUSE: Extending to the south of the Phoenix building is this greenhouse, in which plants will be grown and stored for research. The University, through the Phoenix Project, is pioneering in research which uses radioactive solutions to race the paths of materials absorbed in the leaves of plants. This study is of primary importance to botanists interested in plant growth.

The Byrd Greenhouse, May 1970

The Byrd Greenhouse, May 1970 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 3, 1970
Caption
A Family Project Mrs. David Byrd checks one of the plants in a greenhouse at her home. This is one of the many interests she shares with her husband, who is a member of the county Board of Commissioners. Mrs. Byrd also spends much of her time working and counseling young people, an interest she developed as a teacher at Forsythe Junior High School.

Mr. O. H. Clark and Mrs. Genevieve Clark specialize in growing orchids, March 1958

Mr. O. H. Clark and Mrs. Genevieve Clark specialize in growing orchids, March 1958 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, March 20, 1958
Caption
O. H. Clark of 301 Golf View Lane, who with his wife Genevieve, specializes in growing orchids, inspects a small Laelia orchid in the greenhouse at his home. In the background with large blossoms is a Bird of Paradise Plant. The Clarks grow innumerable species of orchids including many Michigan varieties.

Garden Club Sets Radio Program

Garden Club Sets Radio Program image
Parent Issue
Day
20
Month
December
Year
1962
Copyright
Copyright Protected