Press enter after choosing selection

A Foto-torial

A Foto-torial image
Parent Issue
Day
22
Month
June
Year
1962
Copyright
Copyright Protected

B-24 Bomber #139 hauled through streets of Willow Village to serve as war memorial in front of the Edsel B. Ford post of the American Legion at 2094 E. Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti, May 1946

B-24 Bomber #139 hauled through streets of Willow Village to serve as war memorial in front of the Edsel B. Ford post of the American Legion at 2094 E. Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti, May 1946 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 23, 1946
Caption
BOMBER BOGS DOWN: Trees, telephone poles and houses impeded the land travel of this B-24 to such an extent that it took three days to move it a distance of two miles from the former bomber plant to its permanent base as a war memorial in front of the Edsel B. Ford post of the American Legion at 2094 E. Michigan Ve., Ypsilanti. Dedicatory ceremonies are bing held Sunday afternoon. The plane is being hauled through the Willow Lodge dormitory section.

Officials sign three-way agreement turning Willow Run airport over to the University of Michigan, June 1946

Officials sign three-way agreement turning Willow Run airport over to the University of Michigan, June 1946 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 3, 1946
Caption
OFFICIALS SIGN WILLOW RUN AGREEMENT: Officials of the government, the University of Michigan and the Capital Airlines--PCA were present when the three-way agreement was signed today turning the huge airport at Willow Run over to the University. Seated left to right are Elton A. Burke, acting department director of real property disposal, War Assets Administration; University President Alexander G. Ruthven, and Vice-President Robert P. Briggs. Standing, Robert J. Wilson, airlines vice-president and counsel, and Robert M. Averill, western regional vide-president of the airlines. (Other pictures are on page 18.)