Press enter after choosing selection

Ann Arbor Airport Administration Building, December 1936 Photographer: Eck Stanger

Ann Arbor Airport Administration Building, December 1936 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 4, 1937
Caption
AIRPORT BUILDING: The administration building (shown above) at the Ann Arbor airport was constructed during 1936 by the city as a WPA project. It includes an office, waiting room and lavatories.

James E. Harkins - Lifelong Ann Arbor Resident, June 1938 Photographer: Eck Stanger

James E. Harkins - Lifelong Ann Arbor Resident, June 1938 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 13, 1938
Caption
RECALLS SHOW DAYS: James E. Harkins (above) who was 79 years old on June 3, tells of his experiences in home talent shows as he recalls his early life in Ann Arbor. He is a lifelong resident of the city.

Irving G. Reimann and Exhibits at the University of Michigan Exhibit Museum, December 1972 Photographer: Jack Stubbs

Irving G. Reimann and Exhibits at the University of Michigan Exhibit Museum, December 1972 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, December 29, 1972
Caption
Colorado Quartz, 'Topical' Stamps Irving G. Reimann (photo at left), director of the University's Exhibit Museum since 1956, examines a sample of Colorado quartz crystal in his office. The heavy wooden bookcases behind him are remnants of the display cases used throughout the museum before he took over. At right, the "topical" stamp collection picturing animals, birds and wildlife in a fourth-floor hall of the University's Exhibit Museum shows that philately can be educational.

American Friends Service Committee Office, February 1969 Photographer: Eck Stanger

American Friends Service Committee Office, February 1969 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, March 8, 1969
Caption
American Friends' New Office The American Friends Service Committee recently moved its Michigan area office in Ann Arbor from 1222 Woodlawn Ave. to these quarters at 1414 Hill. The building, originally a four-car garage, is located behind the Friends Center at 1416 Hill. It was stripped to its outer shell and refitted with inner walls and partitions of wood and glass, forming six offices. The new office is the result of a cooperative project of the American Friends Service Committee and the Ann Arbor Friends Meeting.