Press enter after choosing selection

Dolph Funeral Home, August 1952

Dolph Funeral Home, August 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 7, 1952
Caption
VARIED HISTORY: From dance hall to funeral home to television studio is the prospect for the building at 310-312 Maynard St. The University has taken a 10-year lease on the Dolph Funeral Home to convert the structure into a TV headquarters, complete with offices and studios. The building until 1916 was the Granger Dance Academy, one of the most popular campus social gathering places.

Timber!

Timber! image
Parent Issue
Day
16
Month
May
Year
1966
Related
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Demolition of Ann Arbor Recreation Bowling Alley, May 1966

Demolition of Ann Arbor Recreation Bowling Alley, May 1966 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 16, 1966
Caption
Timber! The clam of a huge demolition crane deals a blow to Ann Arbor Recreation bowling alley at 605 E. Huron to make way for the 14-story Campus Inn. For many Ann Arbor residents the building, which was completely demolished Saturday, is representative of a by-gone era, since in the years before it was a bowling alley it was a popular dance hall. During the "Roaring Twenties," Ross Granger, local dancing teacher who was city treasurer for many years, constructed the building to house his dancing academy. Granger's was a popular evening spot for students and townspeople alike.