Press enter after choosing selection

Fire-Damaged Dining Room at University League's Hollis House, September 1949

Fire-Damaged Dining Room at University League's Hollis House, September 1949 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 24, 1949
Caption
Dining Room Badly Damaged: Fire-blackened chairs are shown piled in the dining room of Hollis House, University League house badly damaged by fire last night. Firemen working from three trucks battled the blaze for two hours with high pressure fog and water last night. They succeeded in confining the blaze to the first floor of the three-story rooming house. (Story on page 13)

Fire-Damaged Living Room at University League's Hollis House, September 1949

Fire-Damaged Living Room at University League's Hollis House, September 1949 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 24, 1949
Caption
Fire apparently caused by a discarded cigaret caused $15,000 worth of damage last night at Hollis House, a University League house located at 1805 Washtenaw Ave. Sixteen girls living at the house were evacuated safely. The fire apparently started in a pantry and swept into the living room, shown here. (Story on page 13)

Fire-Damaged Pantry at University League's Hollis House, September 1949

Fire-Damaged Pantry at University League's Hollis House, September 1949 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 24, 1949
Caption
Where League House Fire Started: The fire-damaged pantry shown above was where a blaze started that caused an estimated $15,000 worth of damage to a University League house last night. The fire swept to other portions of the house and drove out 16 University coeds rooming there. The house was Hollis House, located at 1805 Washtenaw Ave. It is owned by William Freeman. (Story on page 13)

16 Coeds Flee $15,000 Fire In League House

16 Coeds Flee $15,000 Fire In League House image
Parent Issue
Day
24
Month
September
Year
1949
Copyright
Copyright Protected