Press enter after choosing selection

Inspecting Historical Cemetery, August 1956

Inspecting Historical Cemetery, August 1956 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 29, 1956
Caption
JUDGE INSPECTS CEMETERY: Before adjourning the case for two months, Circuit Judge Herman Dehnke of Harrisville (right) recessed the court hearing on the fate of this "historic" cemetery to inspect the site off Packard Rd. near Yost Blvd. The Daughters of the American Revolution which is seeking to preserve the cemetery, built the stone wall in 1938. Attorneys Clan Crawford, jr., (left), who represents the DAR, and Arthur C. Lehman, Pittsfield township attorney, accompanied Judge Dehnke on his inspection.

Green Lea Subdivision Houses, March 1953

Green Lea Subdivision Houses, March 1953 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 30, 1953
Caption
The development of Green Lea subdivision, Leo P. Meyers, is entering the second year of his project with great expectations. Located off Packard Rd., just east of the city limits, the houses pictures are some of 22 now in the development. Plans call for a 250-home project behind the houses shown. Average cost of the homes is $15,000.

Aerial Photograph of Buhr Park Area, September 1952

Aerial Photograph of Buhr Park Area, September 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 6, 1952
Caption
Land clearance as seen in the above aerial photo, is the first step toward the future Joseph F. Buhr Memorial Park in Pittsfield township. The 54-acre plot of land has been cleared of trash and brush, has been plowed and, next year, will be planted in wheat to keep the land in good condition until park and playground development begins in the distant future. The land is part of the Robert Campbell farm. The barn is clearly visible. The sire has a 964-foot frontage on Packard Rd. and extends back one-half mile. The monetary gift for the property was donated by the Buhr Machine & Tool Co. here and the R & B Tool Co. of Saline. The park is to be in the memory of the late founder of Buhr Machine & Tool Co.

Aerial Photograph of Sunnyside Trailer Park, November 1951

Aerial Photograph of Sunnyside Trailer Park, November 1951 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 24, 1951
Caption
An idea of the size of the Sunnyside Trailer Park on Packard Rd. with its 60-plus trailer coaches can be gained from this aerial photograph (top). Many of the trailer homes have leantos for added space. Not discernible are the many television aerials that dot the park. The 40-foot trailer coach (bottom) that is the home of the Paul T. Pohly family at Coachville Gardens Trailer Court on Carpenter Rd. illustrates the adequacy, despite limited open space, of such living quarters. Shown here is Mrs. Pohly and one of three children, four-year-old Richard. Behind them in a ceiling cabinet is a television set. A space heater is at the left, and nearby is a family size refrigerator. To the rear are two bedrooms.