Press enter after choosing selection

Willow Village Theater, a landmark of the wartime "Bomber City," to become church, December 1955

Willow Village Theater, a landmark of the wartime "Bomber City," to become church, December 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, December 16, 1955
Caption
WILLOW VILLAGE THEATER TO BECOME CHURCH: The Center Theater, a landmark of the wartime "Bomber City," has been leased by the government to a new church group, the Community Gospel Temple. The nondenominational group plans to open the large Village building as a church Jan. 8. The church was organized, the pastor says, because "so many of the people moving into the Ypsilanti area are 'displaced persons' spiritually."

Veterans' Wives To Sponser Benefit

Veterans' Wives To Sponser Benefit image
Parent Issue
Day
1
Month
July
Year
1946
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Children getting Fluoride Treatments at Pittsfield Village, September 1949

Children getting Fluoride Treatments at Pittsfield Village, September 1949 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 24, 1949
Caption
FLUORIDE FOR CHILDREN'S TEETH: First group of the 800 Washtenaw youngsters who eventually will received fluoride treatment to prevent tooth decay are pictured in the community building at Willow Village, where U.S. Public Health Service experts are holding the first of a series of demonstration clinics. Dr. Sanford Smith is in charge assisted by Miss Marirose Ratti (center background) and Miss Pat Dean.

B-24 Bomber #139 hauled through streets of Willow Village to serve as war memorial in front of the Edsel B. Ford post of the American Legion at 2094 E. Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti, May 1946

B-24 Bomber #139 hauled through streets of Willow Village to serve as war memorial in front of the Edsel B. Ford post of the American Legion at 2094 E. Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti, May 1946 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 23, 1946
Caption
BOMBER BOGS DOWN: Trees, telephone poles and houses impeded the land travel of this B-24 to such an extent that it took three days to move it a distance of two miles from the former bomber plant to its permanent base as a war memorial in front of the Edsel B. Ford post of the American Legion at 2094 E. Michigan Ve., Ypsilanti. Dedicatory ceremonies are bing held Sunday afternoon. The plane is being hauled through the Willow Lodge dormitory section.