Press enter after choosing selection

Home, Lawn Judging begun in Subdivision

Home, Lawn Judging begun in Subdivision image
Parent Issue
Day
15
Month
July
Year
1955
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Ypsilanti Welcomes Its 'Mayor For A Day' at Kiwanis Lunch, May 1954

Ypsilanti Welcomes Its 'Mayor For A Day' at Kiwanis Lunch, May 1954 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, May 5, 1954
Caption
Ypsilanti Welcomes Its 'Mayor For A Day': Yale Mayor John J Kaatz (second from left), was officially welcomed as Ypsilanti's "mayor for a day" at a breakfast this morning in the Huron Hotel. Kaatz, exchanging with Ypsilanti Mayor Carl J. Scheffler, is mayor of a small woolen manufacturing town in northwest St. Clair county. On hand to greet him today were City Manager N. G. Damoose (left), Mayor pro-tem Doris E. Milliman, Councilman Everett C. (Eddie) Edwards (center background), and Councilman Rodney E. Hutchinson (right). Kaatz toured the Ypsilanti Ford plant and Willow Run Airport before guesting with the Kiwanis Club this noon.

Ypsilanti Officials Greet New Manager

Ypsilanti Officials Greet New Manager image
Parent Issue
Day
2
Month
April
Year
1956
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Welcoming Ceremony for Korean War Vet Robert W. Fletcher, August 1953

Welcoming Ceremony for Korean War Vet Robert W. Fletcher, August 1953 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 26, 1953
Caption
EX-POW RETURNS: Ypsilanti American Legion officers, city officials and neighbors assembled in front of the Post 408 Legion Home on Worden St. this morning in an official welcoming ceremony for Pfc. Robert W. Fletcher. Fletcher returned home last night after nearly three years' confinement in a North Korean prison camp. In foreground (left to right): Fletcher (capless, in uniform); his mother, Mrs. Mae Woodson; his sister, Mrs. Christine Ellison; City Manager N. G. Damoose; and James N. Davis, commander of Legion Post 408. In the welcoming banner, "Purdy" is Fletcher's nickname.

Dedication of Ypsilanti Second Baptist Church Parsonage, September 1954

Dedication of Ypsilanti Second Baptist Church Parsonage, September 1954 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, September 20, 1954
Caption
FHA-Insured Parsonage Dedicated: The new Second Baptist church parsonage (left) at 315 Catherine St. in Ypsilanti, believed to be the first such building ever insured by the Federal Housing Administration, was dedicated in formal ceremonies yesterday afternoon. Taking part in the dedication were (on parsonage porch) Harry M. Steffey, assistant FHA director in Detroit; Amos Washington, city housing director; the Rev. Garther Roberson, pastor of the church; City Manager N. G. Damoose and realtor Dwight E. Hand. A large crowd, including the church choirs (right and center), witnessed the ceremonies.