Press enter after choosing selection

House at 431 Thompson St. on Property Sought by U-M, June 1955

House at 431 Thompson St. on Property Sought by U-M, June 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 23, 1955
Caption
Property U-M Seeks: Two parcels of property on which these three houses are located are sought by the University in order to construct a $1,700,000 Student Activities Building near the main campus. The U-M, which has failed to come to terms with the property owners of these houses, seeks to have the land condemned. The house at 431 Thompson St. and the house at 434 Maynard St. are owned by Mary J. Taft and H. Chester Taft, sister and brother. The other, at 417 Thompson St., is owned by Guernsey P. Collins. The University bough nine other parcels of property in the area.

House at 434 Maynard St. on Property Sought by U-M, June 1955

House at 434 Maynard St. on Property Sought by U-M, June 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 23, 1955
Caption
Property U-M Seeks: Two parcels of property on which these three houses are located are sought by the University in order to construct a $1,700,000 Student Activities Building near the main campus. The U-M, which has failed to come to terms with the property owners of these houses, seeks to have the land condemned. The house at 431 Thompson St. and the house at 434 Maynard St. are owned by Mary J. Taft and H. Chester Taft, sister and brother. The other, at 417 Thompson St., is owned by Guernsey P. Collins. The University bough nine other parcels of property in the area.

House at 417 Thompson St. on Property Sought by U-M, June 1955

House at 417 Thompson St. on Property Sought by U-M, June 1955 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, June 23, 1955
Caption
Property U-M Seeks: Two parcels of property on which these three houses are located are sought by the University in order to construct a $1,700,000 Student Activities Building near the main campus. The U-M, which has failed to come to terms with the property owners of these houses, seeks to have the land condemned. The house at 431 Thompson St. and the house at 434 Maynard St. are owned by Mary J. Taft and H. Chester Taft, sister and brother. The other, at 417 Thompson St., is owned by Guernsey P. Collins. The University bough nine other parcels of property in the area.

Members Of The Neighbors, Lending Service For UM Students, Help Prepare To Move To Madelon Pound House, January 27, 1960

Members Of The Neighbors, Lending Service For UM Students, Help Prepare To Move To Madelon Pound House, January 27, 1960 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 27, 1960
Caption
Work At Exchange: The lending service operated by The Neighbors will soon be moving from its present headquarters in the Student Activities Building to the Madelon Pound House. Helping prepare for the move are (left to right) Mrs. Gerhart Fritzsche, Mrs. Arthur Dunham and Miss Marion McKinney.

Student Discount Store in Student Activities Building, February 1969

Student Discount Store in Student Activities Building, February 1969 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, February 13, 1969
Caption
Enterprise On Campus Student initiative is represented in this store that has operated on a break-even basis since late January in the U-M Student Activities Building, under sponsorship of U-M Student Government Council. The main items for sale are art supplies, notebooks, phonograph records and cigarettes. Prices are not aimed at producing profits, and no taxes are charged on sales to U-M students and faculty members. Students serve as clerks for $1.90 an hour, paying no Social Security tax because they are technically U-M student employees. SGC treasurer Dennis B. Webster says the store has needed no subsidies, and may expand to sell additional items. (Ann Arbor News Photo by Cecil Lockard.)

String Thing

String Thing image
Parent Issue
Day
24
Month
October
Year
1995
Copyright
Copyright Protected