Press enter after choosing selection

University of Michigan's New TV Studio, February 1954

University of Michigan's New TV Studio, February 1954 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, January 15, 1954
Caption
University television engineer's and production men watch students rehearse a play in the U-M's new TV studios at 310-312 Maynard St. The University will begin telecasting from the new studios on Feb. 1.

U-M Professor Garnet R. Garrison explains video production to E. Ray Baxter, assistant to the president of Grand Rapids Junior College, November 1952

U-M Professor Garnet R. Garrison explains video production to E. Ray Baxter, assistant to the president of Grand Rapids Junior College, November 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, November 26, 1952
Caption
EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION: Participants in the Conference on Higher Education now meeting at the University, spent the morning looking over various campus activities. Shown here receiving a demonstration of television is E. Ray Baxter (left), assistant to the president of Grand Rapids Junior College. Prof. Garnet R. Garrison (center), director of U-M television, explains the workings of video. Operating the camera is William J. Cox, a U-M graduate student from New Kensington, Pa.

Members of the University's Television Center plan to film a documentary in Antarctica, October 1963

Members of the University's Television Center plan to film a documentary in Antarctica, October 1963 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, October 3, 1963
Caption
PLAN ANTARCTIC TRIP: John Alley (right), assistant film editor at the University's Television Center, points to an Explorer's Club flag he hopes to plant at the South Pole during a two-man U-M expedition to Antarctica this month to make a documentary TV film on the frozen continent. Looking on (left to right) are Lee M. (Mack) Woodruff, U-M TV production supervisor who will accompany Alley and direct the filming; Prof. Garnet R. Garrison, the University's director of broadcasting and television; and Prof.Donald F. Eschman, chairman of the geology and mineralogy department which is co-operating in the project.

Dolph Funeral Home, August 1952

Dolph Funeral Home, August 1952 image
Published In
Ann Arbor News, August 7, 1952
Caption
VARIED HISTORY: From dance hall to funeral home to television studio is the prospect for the building at 310-312 Maynard St. The University has taken a 10-year lease on the Dolph Funeral Home to convert the structure into a TV headquarters, complete with offices and studios. The building until 1916 was the Granger Dance Academy, one of the most popular campus social gathering places.

Lee Woodruff Of U-M TV Dies

Lee Woodruff Of U-M TV Dies image
Parent Issue
Day
20
Month
July
Year
1978
Copyright
Copyright Protected

City OKs Permit For New Nightclub

City OKs Permit For New Nightclub image
Parent Issue
Day
8
Month
March
Year
1974
Copyright
Copyright Protected

Cafe-Lounge Opening Set For July

Cafe-Lounge Opening Set For July image
Parent Issue
Day
29
Month
March
Year
1974
Copyright
Copyright Protected