Complete Series: LXVI
PROF, H. S. FRIEZE, President. PROF, C, B. CftDY, Director,
1885. LXIATI. 188S.
1. MARCH--Budapest! Kiallitts. Exhibition of Budapest,
3. HUNGARIAN SONG. "Banatosan zeng a madar,"____Serly
"Sorrowfully the bird sings."
4. HUNGARIAN MARCH-----___________Â¦-_______KossUth
5. VIOLIN SOLO--Hungarian,___________1____________Gnray
fl. HUNGARIAN SONG--"Bitka Cum." "Scarce Corn,"___Serly
7. OVERTURE--Roberto de dlable,________________Meyerbeer
8. CIMBALO SOLO,_________________________________Yonas
Tile Cimbnln, or Srhtazithcr, is the hand organ of Hungary, though not like t lie t iresoine street instrumentof Hayti and America, since its players always improvise and play the national airs by ear.
9. "CSARDAS."--(Hungarian Danee.)
The Csardas is the national dance, and represents a courtship. Tile peasants dance this with the greatest abandon. It is also danced by the ladies and gentlemen at court balls. There is nothing more fascinating than this dance and its accompanying mUsic.
10. MARCH--Ralcoczy, Hungarian War March.____Crinkapancr
The "Rakoczy" is the patriotic war march of the Hungarians, and in their own land they never play it without bringing every Hungarian to his feet. The old soldier grows young, and the young soldier becomes mad for battle.