Basic Technology Assistance
AADL offers one-on-one basic assistance with some assistive technology devices and applications, by appointment. For more information, or to set up an appointment, call (734) 327-4224, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AADL Public Computers
All internet browsers on AADL computers feature a function allowing the user to make the type larger:
Microsoft Windows Magnifier: A program that displays a magnification of the area around the mouse pointer at the top of the computer screen. To turn on the magnifier, click on the Start menu, select Accessories, select Accessibility, and then select Magnifier.
Screen Resolution: To adjust the resolution of the computer screen to enlarge all items, please ask a staff person for assistance.
To Zoom Text: All Internet browsers on AADL computers feature a function allowing the user to make the type larger:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Expand text size by holding down the control key and hitting the +, Or select "View" and "Text Size" from the menu bar.
- Mozilla Firefox: Expand text size by holding down the control key and hitting the +. Or select "View" and "Zoom" from the menu bar.
- Google Chrome: Expand text size by clicking on the wrench and selecting "Zoom".
Elevator Tables: Internet stations #9 and #10 at the Downtown Branch and #0 and #1 at the Malletts Creek Branch are located on top of wheelchair accessible adjustable elevator tables.
2017 brings with it the opportunity for us to upgrade our assistive technology program! Assistive Technology is located on the east, or reference, side of the second floor. New hardware and software applications have been installed, and basic technology assistance is now available by appointment.
- Mac large screen desktop with speakers
- Mac iPad Pro loaded with assistive technology apps
- PC with both Kurzweil 1000 and JAWS (version 18.0) screen reading software
- Closed-Circuit Reader: Patrons can use a new closed-circuit television system to magnify print materials in either color or black & white mode. The CCTV is located next to the printer/scanners in the reference area. Patrons are free to use this with personal or library materials.
Each AADL Information Desk has a collection of hand-held magnifiers for use within the library.