High School was built following the fire of May 3, 1894.
New High School dedicated, February 5th. George Wiard's Cider Mill and Vinegar Factory burned, $12,000.00 Loss.
Soldier's Monument at Highland Cemetery dedicated.
Eureka K of P Lodge organized at Light Guard Armory. Dr. J. A. Watling and Dr. L.M. James moved into their new building at 119 North Huron.
John Laidlaw at Michigan Central Garden has large floral design of Cantilever Bridge at Niagara Falls, It is 40 feet long. there is also an engine and a Tender 4 feet long, 37000 plants were used.
New city Well sunk near Creamery on Harriet Street, found satisfactory, Work begun on another well 100 feet distance, 60 feet with a 25 foot screen at the bottom.
Reunion of Fourth Michigan Cavalry held in Ypsilanti.
Three slight earthquake shocks felt in City between 5 and 6 o'clock.
Post Office at Rawsonville discontinued.
Frances P. Bogardus succeeded P. W. Carpenter as Postmaster.
Mayor Pingree of Detroit addressed Annual Commencement Exercises at Cleary College.